“Train up a child in the way he should go
and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- Proverbs 22:6
Holy Trinity Cathedral offers religious instruction beginning at age 3 and continuing on to High School. Classes are held on Sundays following coffee hour in the parish social hall. The session usually begins the second Sunday of September and goes on hiatus after Pentecost. Please see below for the curriculum information, calendar, registration form and the latest news on our church school program.
If you would like further information or have any additional questions, please ccontact Tina Richardson at 708-445-1105 or email@example.com.
November 19, 2017
Dear Church School Teachers, parents, students,
Just a reminder that you should all have your Nativity Fast Home Projects. Please see Mrs. Lardin or Mrs. Richardson if you still need one.
Events in the season:
1. Help with the soup kitchen on Saturday,December 2. Let Fr. Alexander know how you can help!
2. Help with the O'Club "Feed my Starving Children" project (ages 5+) on Saturday, December 9. Register to join Holy Trinity's group.
3. Help with Northwestern Settlement Food Pantry. Bring non-perishable food items to the social hall and help with holiday baskets on Saturday, December 16. Please let Kelly Lardin know if you are coming. We will practice for the Yolka and go to Confession when we come back in the afternoonl
4. Support the St. Martha & Mary Sisterhood Holiday Cookie Walk on Saturday and Sunday, December 16 and 17.
5. Save the date : Yolka Concert on Sunday, December 17. We will be practicing songs for a short concert in Church School on Sunday, December 4, Sunday, December 11 and Saturday December 16 (after our Food Pantry project).
6. Prayerfully consider going to Project Mexico as a family. Summer dates are July 27-Aug 2, 2018. Please reserve with Elias Zimianitis know by November 20 at firstname.lastname@example.org. See projectmexico.org for more information on this wonderful work.
Have a blessed and prayerful fast!
We will be registering children for Church School this Sunday, September 10, along with blessing the start of the school year. I am including a copy of the registration form here for anyone who will not be in church this weekend or who wants to save a tree by going electronic. Paper copies will be available Sunday for anyone who needs them. Please fill out one form for each child.
There is quite a bit to look forward to this year. In addition to our usual Fast projects, Lenten Retreat and Yolka, the children in grade 3 will be singing for St. John's Day services. I will send the full calendar next week.
I am looking forward to the start of the new year and hope you are too.
- Divine Liturgy for the Feast of Transfiguration, Sunday August 6, bring fruit to be blessed!
- Divine Liturgy for the Feast of the Dormition, Tuesday August 15, bring flowers/herbs to be blessed!
- Blessing of the New School Year/Children/Teachers at the end of Liturgy on Sunday, September 10
- First day of Church School Classes, 11:30am, in the Church School classrooms on Sunday, September 17